Recently Radio NZ recently ran a story about a State house that cost $20,000 to repair as a result of mould. That may sound horrific but in fact is quite typical of the costs to remedy the effects of a damp mouldy property.
Any home that has ‘weeping windows’ during winter will almost certainly be experiencing further damage in areas out of sight to the owner / occupier. Once mould is established it’s very difficult to get rid of it. Far better to stop it happening at the beginning. After ensuring the house is properly insulated, fitting a relatively inexpensive Unovent home ventilation system and a Showerdome will solve the problem.